Your special day may be months away but there’s one very important decision you’ll need to make as soon as possible — the theme of your wedding. Thankfully, there are dozens of wedding themes to consider as you dream up your perfect ceremony. Here are a few of the most popular wedding themes used over the last year:
Popular Wedding Themes
- Rustic: This timeless theme is winning over brides, grooms and guests. A rustic setting with farm-style charm makes the day simple and sweet.
- Fairytale: On the opposite end, many brides and grooms go all out with a wedding pulled straight from a fairytale. Romance and elegance are enhanced by dazzling displays of glitz and glamor that showcase the bride like a princess.
- Tropical: Perfect for beachy weddings and ceremonies that want to integrate a little island flavor into the mix, tropical themes are often relaxed with causal dress and seafood dishes.
- Romantic: Red roses, bubbly champagne and enough candles to light up the night, romantic themed weddings are fueled by passion.
- Classic: The classic wedding ceremony will never go out of style. Formal is forever and these traditional weddings always add a distinguished flair to the proceedings.
- Vintage: Vintage is a little different than rustic, as it chooses specific hallmarks of a bygone era that we cherish. Examples include themes of the Roaring ‘20s, flashy ‘50s or groovy ‘70s.
- Alternative: Who said weddings can’t be whatever you want? Many couples are integrating the alternative colors, music, furniture and styles they want into every aspect of the day!
Still having trouble picking the wedding theme that perfectly captures who you are? Don’t be afraid to think outside of the box! Many weddings feature dual themes: a dominant primary theme and a more subtle secondary theme. If there’s a theme above that piques your interest, consider enhancing it with one of these secondary themes:
- Nautical: Nautical themes are great for beach weddings or rustic weddings set near the open water.
- Travel: You’re embarking on a new journey with your loved one, why not give the globe a spin and add a travel theme into the adventure?
- Animals: Who doesn’t love a cute barnyard or exotic animal theme? Animal prints and décor are great for rustic or boho weddings.
- Music: From big band and brass to classical and funk, a musical theme keeps the party rocking all night long!
- Personal Interests: Do you and your partner share a special interest or hobby? Integrate it into your wedding theme to make it truly reflect your lives together!
You deserve a wedding that’s as special and unique as you are! If a rustic-style ceremony is your dream wedding, let Farm Formal help make your special day truly unforgettable. As San Diego’s premier rustic formal event rental service, we’re ready to provide your venue with everything from tables, chairs and glassware to wine barrels, chalkboards and other miscellaneous décor. Contact us today at 619-356-3474 and let us help you make your dream wedding into a rustic reality!